Monday, November 3, 2014

Latourell Falls

Before school started I went on a solo hike to the Latourell Falls. It is the first water fall after the Vista House on the Historic Columbia Highway. You can take the Vista House exit or you can take exit 28 on I-84 then turn right. You'll see it on the left side and it is pretty noticeable so you won't miss it. This is a nice place to go to if you are not able to hike far because the Latourell Falls have an lower fall and upper fall, which takes about an mile to get to.

These pictures are in order of the path that I took which I hiked to the upper fall first then I went into a loop to go back to where I started then I went to the lower falls. For the lower fall there is no hike needed, all you have to do is go down a set of stairs and you'll instantly see the fall.

I think the lower fall is the most beautiful one out of the two and you can get more close and personal to the waterfall than the upper fall. There are a lot of people so come early or maybe later in the day. There is a park where you can have picnics which is nice if you go an outing with your family. :)

I just wanted to make this post short because I'm just a little behind studying but I wanted to post this one up so I hope you enjoy it! This is probably one of my favorite falls in the Gorge that is easy access. I hope you guys have a nice day :)

1 comment: