Thursday, September 4, 2014

FIRST!!! - Dry Creek Falls Hike

Hello all! This is my first post and I would like to share with you guys my hike to Dry Creek Falls in the Gorge. Since this is my first hike post I would like to share you my experience being there and some direction help so it can help others who are also looking for a way to get there. First of all for direction I looked online of where I can get an address, as for most hikes there isn't an address at time when you search it up on your maps on your phone, so if you are going to use an phone to get there what I did was type in: Harvey in Cascade Locks, OR 97014 (added a little more info that I actually put ;)) So hopefully that should help you guys if you guys are ever on the go! One thing you should know is that there is a parking spot for this trail the direction that the GPS actually leads you to the EXACT location of the starting point of the trail which isn't what you want because there are no parking. So just a heads up, so you didn't make the same mistake as I did and park around the neighborhood, after you pass the Bridge of the Gods shortly you'll a parking lot for you to park it is right next to a restaurant. So after you park you should cross the street and see a path and shortly you should see your self under a bridge with a sign looking like this:

And so you would want to follow the sign that says Pacific Crest Trail South to the left of the sign till you reach another sign on the left that looks like this:

From there you just enter the forest and follow the trail. It should be about 2 miles before you hit another junction :) The junction would involve a bridge to the left and a path to the right. Now here is the part where my crew and I made the mistake and got excited to cross the bridge! The thing is if you want to get to Dry Creek Falls you'll have to NOT cross the bridge! Hahaha! I know its tempting to cross the bridge! its a bridge for Petes sake! who wouldn't want to cross a bridge! Due to our excitement did not see the sign which made us go onto a different route that it took us two miles in to realize that we have gone the wrong way! it became a different path! it was so heartbreaking to learn that all our hard work was wasted on the wrong trail. That is what you get for ignoring the signs and getting excited to cross a bridge, hahaha! I took a picture so you'll know:

So people... Take the path to the RIGHT if you want to reach to the Dry Creek Fall! From the bridge it is only 1/2 mile, which isn't so bad. Once you have reach the end you shall see something so marvelous that you were glad that you took the time to take a wrong turn and back again to make the right one :) and here I present you the Dry Creek Fall:

And here are a few extra photos that I took along the way and I hope you enjoy them!:




Also to top it all off I ended my day with ramen at Boke Bowl, with a side of pork belly bun, after a good 6~ mile hike! it was a little bit salty but it hit the spot!

I hope you guys enjoyed my first blog post! I know my writing isn't to great writing isn't really my forte, but I hope that blogging will make it better. Also sorry for the quality of the pictures they were taken on my iPhone and probably every future pictures will, hahaha! I'm a college student and I'm just using what I got. Maybe one day I'll save enough money to buy myself a camera and share you guys my adventures. In the mean while relax and enjoy whats left of summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment