Thursday, September 11, 2014

Eagle Creek Trail - Punch Bowl Fall

Hello! This time I'm going to talk about one of the famous gorge hike in Oregon and that is the Eagle Creek Trail. This trail is about 20+ mile all around but I choose to not go all the way and just reach to the Punch Bowl Fall and turn back around due to the fact that I don't really have the gear. I've read that there are a lot of places that you can reach up to on Eagle Creek Trail but I think I might save that for another day.

First off with direction it is easily accessible on the GPS, all you have to do is type in Eagle Creek Trail. When you get there you will have to pay a fee for being there, Since I was only there for a day I had to pay $5(in cash). There are two parking lot: the first one you'll see with a bathroom building and a camp site, the other is if you go past the first parking lot mentioned and follow a road up you'll see another one closer to the trailhead.


2 miles isn't so bad ;P

Be careful the trail can get a narrow but at those parts there will be metal rope for you to hold on to if the ground seems to slippery(rainy season). Luckily it was a good day when my friend and I went :) Also enjoy the view as you go along and take in the scenery.

Along the way to the Punch Bowl, if you pay attention, there will be a trail on the right side that leads to a viewpoint of Metlako Falls. I believe there is no way for you to get close to it but you can get a good view of it from the side of the fall which is pretty amazing.


make sure you pay attention to signs!
Going back to the main trail just about half a mile you'll reach the lower Punch Bowl Falls! The most exciting part as you go down some man made stairs you'll first see a stream going down into a little water fall. If you go against the way the water is going you'll be able to see the Punch Bowl Fall. This place is just plain beautiful and it kind of reminds me of a cave even though it isn't. I hope you guys get what I mean when you get the chance to see it or maybe it's just me, hahaha.

It was such a great experience and such a great hike to share with friends and family, it was super easy, there wasn't much difficulties to it. Next time for sure I'll try to go all the way to the lake! Now I must go and read the latest Naruto chapter, have an awesome day lovelies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment