Sunday, October 26, 2014

Review: LUSH lip scrub - love thy lips!

I'm back again with another review! Lately I've been into lipsticks, I'm not really a lipstick kind of gal, but I just thought I would step outside of my bubble a bit. A bought a few(maybe more than a few...) lipsticks to try out but when I tried them on it didn't look right. My lips looked chappy when I applied lipstick on, especially pink lipsticks. Of course the only solution to fix this ratchet look (xD) is to have my lips exfoliated.

I know there are homemade lip scrubs out there but I've tried it once and it was just to messy for my taste. I believed I tried making the homemade lip scrub out of sugar, honey, and vaseline but I just end up throwing it away it didn't do my lips justice. Then I've tried scrubbing my lips with a toothbrush but I didn't like the idea and it hurts my lip's skin, but I think brushing your lips would be the cheapest option for exfoliating your lips.

In the end I decided to go buy a lip scrub from LUSH because I've read so many good reviews about their lip scrub. I went to my closest LUSH boutique and purchase the Mint Julips lip scrub for $9.95. One thing that I like about LUSH is that they're products are all made of natural ingredients. Mint Julips is made out of castor sugar, jojoba oil, vanilla extract, etageres oil, peppermint oil, and limonene. There are two more kinds of lip scrub, Bubblegum and Popcorn, but I chose Mint Julips because I like that cooling feel after you scrub your lips like the feeling after you brush your teeth :D

I've been trying this product since the beginning of this month and it makes my lips flawless! At night time or in the morning I use the LUSH's lip scrub, every other day, and apply lip balm after wards. Thus making my lips looking kissable and free of a chappy look.

Also a little cool little fact about LUSH's lip scrub is that they are edible so if you want you can just eat it right out of the jar or from your lips ;P

- LUSH's Mint Julips lip scrub $9.95

Down to business I would overall rate this bad boy 5 out of 5! Because it is that freakin awesome of a product. Forever repurchasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment