Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tarte Clean Slate Timeless Smoothing Primer Review

I just want to say that I'm so loving the brand Tarte. I'm slowly trying out products from Tarte and I'm loving each and everyone. The one that I really want to try is their Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation it sounds really interesting and I love powder foundation. Well anyway back to the point of this post, I like to present to you the Tarte's Clean Slate Timeless Smoothing Primer! Long title I know so I am just going to short it up to Tarte's Smoothing Primer.

I've had this product for about almost 2 months now and so I had a good amount of time to judge this product. First lets start off with some details about it. It is said to have this blurring affect on the face and also to help repair the skin. It is infused with vitamins E and C, green bean extract, and mineral pigments. These are suppose to fight free radicals and prevent any signs of aging, also to minimize the size of your pores(plus!) and overall just improve the appearance of your skin. Who wouldn't want this after reading all the good things it does for your skin?!

Now down to the nitty gritty stuff: the review. I'll start with the pros of this product. The smell of the smoothing primer smells good, it smells like makeup (haha!) it seriously does! It doesn't have any floral scent, that I can detect, and it isn't strong so when you apply the primer the smell won't linger, which I like in a product. Aside from the smell when I apply this on my oily t-zone it instantly makes my skin matte looking and it help controls your oil throughout the day. That is a plus for me cause I have a oily forehead when not attended to(BTW I have combination skin). So applying the primer makes me look less oily with my foundation on. Sometimes I just apply the primer by itself and not apply any foundation on. I can't say that it "blurs" all of my imperfection, but it overall makes your face look smoother. The only thing that it may not blur is my large pores(how huge can my pores be?). I also can't say that it improved my skin cause I don't think I've used it enough or used it long enough to see any difference, but I have read some reviews where some people claim that it has improved their skin. One last thing that I want to rave about this primer is how long it makes your foundation last. It holds on to your foundation for a long time, day to night! I'm not even kidding. This is the real deal.

The only down side to this is the price, haha. It is almost $40 for 0.5 Fl oz of product, but I got to say it is worth it though. A little bit of the smoothing primer goes a long way. You really don't need a lot to cover your face. I've been using it for 2 months and from the picture it looks like I barely used any, it still looks full.

I want to show you guys how good this product really is! I'm going to compare it the famous Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I just want to let you guys know that I've tested with powder and liquid foundation. First off I want to point out that when it comes to holding time Tarte outlasts Smashbox hands down! Smashbox may hold onto my foundation around 6 hours then my foundation starts disappearing. As for Tarte it makes my foundation last from morning till I head to bed, which is around 11 PM. Thats how amazing it is. And the oil control of Tarte's primer has a better control than Smashbox's primer(please do note that this is the original Smashbox primer and not the oil control one, I have not tested with that one yet). That is how amazing this primer is, you must give it a try! I know it is a little pricy but it is only three dollars more than Smashbox's primers so go get it!

My rating for Tarte's Clean Slate Timeless Smoothing Primer is 5 out of 5 :) This is going to be one of my HG.

To buy:
- Tarte Smoothing Primer ($39.00)

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this brand but after reading your review I really thing I should!

    XX

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) You should try their blushes. one of the best blushes out there!

      Delete